Career possibilities in the water sector are excellent. Our alumni work all over the world ingovernment agencies, drinking water companies, water treatment agencies, consultancy agencies, NGOs and in education and research institutes.
Water Resources Engineering deals with the methods and techniques applied in the study of:
- water needs for agriculture, industry, households, recreation, navigation, hydroelectric power generation;
- problems related to storm water drainage and flood damage mitigation;
- problems related to water quality in streams and aquifers, erosion, sedimentation, protection of ecosystems and other natural resources;
- integrated water management; and
- institutional, socio-economic, and policy issues related to water resources development and management.
This is an initial Master's programme and can be followed on a full-time or part-time basis.